Imagine eating food that’s both healthy and tasty? Yes, that’s right, great food does not have to be boring. Eating can be fun for you and your family if you learn to whip up a variety of dishes with the available ingredients in your kitchen.
So how about, a tasty avocado chicken salad recipe to tantalize your taste buds? Below is a simple guide to help you make it perfectly.
Ingredients to use:
· 1 ripe avocado
· a teaspoon of garlic powder
· 2 cups of chopped, cooked chicken breast
· a teaspoon of salt
· a teaspoon of pepper
· 2 tablespoons of lime juice
· 1 cup of freshly chopped vegetables(preferably a mixture of red onions, parsley, and celery)
Directions for preparation
1. Cut the avocado into small pieces then add the lime juice, garlic powder, and pepper then mash the avocado while stirring the mixture.
2. Add the chicken and vegetables to the mixture and continue stirring while adding salt to taste. When satisfied, cover it with a plastic wrap to allow the flavors to blend for at least 20 minutes before serving.
The salad can be stored in the fridge for a couple of days. However, to prevent browning, put the avocado’s seed in the salad container as it slows down the oxidation of the avocado.
My recommendation though is to prepare only what can be eaten for that particular day as the preparation takes nothing more than half an hour.
The best part is that you can have it however you like depending on your preferences.
You can eat it as it is, or you can serve it on toasted bread, sandwich bread or crackers for that extra kick.
I believe a good presentation should be enough to convince any skeptical person that this avocado chicken salad tastes as good as it looks. So, make it count and swim in the numerous benefits of healthy eating. Cheers.