German chocolate cake is a new twist on the old favorite, German chocolate cake. This cake has a rich chocolate crust and a smooth chocolate filling. The top has a traditional coconut mixture with the added crunch of pecans. For those chocoholics in the family, this German chocolate cake is only a few steps away from being in your very own kitchen. It is a cake like no other. It is truly unforgettable.
German Chocolate cake Recipe is one that undoubtedly will quickly become a new favorite in your very own kitchen.
1 cup chocolate wafers, finely crushed
1 cup sugar, divided
3 Tbsp. marrgaribe or butter, melted
3- 8oz. pkgs. cream cheese softened
1/4 cup flour
1- 4 oz. pkg. German Sweet Chocolate, melted
2 tsp. vanilla, divided
4 large eggs, divided
1/3 cup canned evaporated milk
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) margarine or butter.
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1) Preheat oven to 350F when using a silver 9-inch spring form pan or to 325Fwhen using a dark nonstick 9-inch spring form pan. Mix chocolate wafer crumbs, 2 Tbsp. sugar and butter; press strongly onto the bottom of the pan. This is your crust. Bake 10 minutes.
2) With an electric mixer on middle speed, beat cream, half cup sugar and the flour in large bowl, until well blended. Then add chocolate and 2 tsp. of the vanilla; mix well.
3) Add 3 of the eggs, one at once time, mixing on very slow speed after adding until blended. Then you should pour over crust.
4) Bake 45 to 50 min. or until the center is ]set. Run metal spatula or knife around rim of the pan so that you can loosen the cake; cool prior removing the rim of pan. Put in a fridge for overnight or 4 hours to allow the cake to completely cool and set up.
5) Combine milk, remaining sugar, 1/4 cup butter, remaining egg and remaining 1/2 tsp. vanilla in little saucepan; cook over medium-low heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in coconut and pecans. Cool. Spread over cake just before serving. Remember to store any leftover cake in refrigerator.
The cake is a delicious way to satisfy that sweet tooth of yours and it can also be a fun addition to a large gathering or a party. It is definitely a recipe that your guests will not soon forget. This German Chocolate cake is bound to knock their socks off and probably will knock your own socks off too!