- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill a measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for this recipe.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, melt 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate in a microwave in 30-second increments until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of stand mixer, fitted with paddle attachment cream butter and sugar together for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add melted chocolate and stir until combined.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth and incorporated.
- Stir in dry ingredients into chocolate mixture until dough forms.
- Finally, fold in chocolate chips.
- Chill dough for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Using a cookie scoop or large spoon drop cookie dough onto lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 12-13 minutes until edges are set.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.